Friday, September 25, 2015

Small City -- NO MORE



Another shot from my first day out after the "new" knees....

I has been 41 years that I have lived in Burlington Ontario.  Over the past few years I really have started to notice the growth of this city.  When we moved here there were about 70,000 population, now there is about 160,000+

Yesterday I noticed that the view from the Inland Waters property (a Government Agency) has drastically changed.

This is a view from that property towards the NE and across the water bird sanctuary.  The building cranes on the right side are for the new Hospital expansion, which will double the capacity of the hospital.

In the years "before" one could look in this direction and see nothing but homes and empty spaces.......now it is all high rise buildings.  All of the buildings that we see in this shot, are no more than 3 years old.  So much for the small town feeling.

I enhanced the sky with On1 Software, after doing it 5 or 6 times.....it is a snap.  (Sept 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment