Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Miscellaneous Summer of 2014 Photos

This is a series of shots that I was storing for the "one day" I would get around to post them.  Today was the day.  All of the shots were done during the summer of 2014, with a couple done in the early fall.  I have more to process, but that will be another time.  ENJOY    ...j.

4th Line Morning Glory


It was late in the afternoon one late summers day.  I was driving though my favourite photo spot, when I noticed this solitary Morning Glory intertwined on an old fence.  It was well worth the turnaround to go back and shot this flower.  It was also almost a "posted as shot photo.  I did not take the time to clean up the spots and blemishes.   It even won me "Photo of the Day" on Google + Photo Mania.

Beach Tower





This Tower is part of a recent construction of a new activity centre on the Hamilton beach strip.  Nice shot of the clouds in the back ground.  The Lake was behind me.


The Pier at LaSalle Park



Taken from the man made jetty attached to the LaSalle Park Marina.  Looking North East



Toronto Sky Line at Dusk


A shot with the 300mm lens at dusk towards the Toronto sky line.  A bit of processing to bring out the evening tones.  Shot from the Hamilton Beach Strip.





Sammy Squirrel


One of the many squirrels that hang around my garden and eat out of the bird feeder in the 'ol birch tree.  I was lucky to get this shot with the hand held 300mm lens.


Another Power Line Shot



My favourite power line tower to photograph.  This time it was late in the afternoon and the skies starting to darken.  I processed the shot with NIK software to get the almost black and white rendition



The Fall Escarpment


A panoramic consisting of 3 separate photos, stitched together and proceed with OnOne software to bring out the fall colours.  Walkers Line and Britannia.

Snail and a Yellow Daisey

Almost a chance in a lifetime.  I was visiting another favourite photo spot on a drizzly day.  Deep into the undergrowth was this marvellous sight of a snail resting on one of the flowers.  Well a quick "soaker" later I had the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment