Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tree Fungus




“I read once about a kind of fungus that grows in trees. The fungus begins to encroach on the systems that carry water and nutrients up from the roots to the branches. It disables them one by one―it crowds them out. Soon, the fungus―and only the fungus―is carrying the water, and the chemicals, and everything else the tree needs to survive".
Lauren Oliver
The wonky knee has been keeping me mostly home-bound, but...
got cabin fever last Friday afternoon on my day off, so I headed out for a quick snack and a Starbucks coffee, Than a trip around my photo circuit. I noticed these wonderful growths on a tree near to the road. Set up the tripod and long lens and captured a few shots. As the processing progressed, I realized the shot would look better in B & W. The rest, was done with NIK software. Used my 300mm lens.

As of this posting, on my Google+ page there have been 404 likes and 16559 views.....not bad for a "quickie" shot....

No comments:

Post a Comment